Thursday, November 17, 2011

Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree

We have reached the point that we will do anything to get out of class. Yesterday we had our infant care final, which lasted an hour, had an hour meeting with Lynne about interviews, and ending the morning with an hour of martial arts with Mr. Gaylord. As he walked into class he told us the Christmas tree that was going in the square was coming down the street. Before he could even finish his sentence we asked if we could go watch. We knew we had him, HE knew we had him. How could he ever say “NO” to our pretty little faces.?!We ran down the street to see the roads all blocked off, crowds of people and a flat bed semi marked WIDE LOAD coming down the street. Not that Chagrin Falls compares to NYC or even D.C. but I now understand why nationally known Christmas trees are such a big deal.









NOW, as we stood on the corner feet away from the tree one of my fellow nannies dared me to run and grab one of the pinecones hanging from the top of the tree. Immediately thinking what my brothers would do, I bolted for the tree with the girls laughing behind me and one of the police officers (who was blocking the street off) yelling at me.  After we all got a good laugh, I took a picture with the officer who said he could arrest me for theft. With that I laughed and said “but officer, I’m too cute to be arrested!” he was speechless. 

3 comments:

  1. Did it get to the double-dog dare?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I wouldn't let it go that far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This us what we spent 12 years of catholic education for! Thou shall not steal and get into mischief!

    ReplyDelete