Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Kids. Jobs. Adventures.

   We are coming down to our final few weeks, 2.5 to be exact! There has been interviews like crazy! We have been very lucky to have some perspective employers come to the school for face-to-face interviews, but most out of state interviews are over the phone. They contact the school with what time they will be calling us and we sit by our cell phones waiting for a random phone number to call. OH THE ANTICIPATION!!! Out of 17 girls, 2 have already been placed, one in Singapore and another in Connecticut.

   I am very excited to report . . . . . . . .     I had a phone interview Sunday, and not to brag, but I NAILED IT!!! This is my family! The mother and I had great conversation, laughed and shared kid stories. When we both discussed what we were looking for in a family/nanny we listed the same qualities. Before we got off the phone she asked if I was interested in coming down to South Carolina to meet the boys, because they are the ultimate judges of me getting the job.

   Thanksgiving being such a big deal in my family, I was a little hesitate when she asked if I wanted to come down that weekend. Knowing this is my future, I couldn't say NO. And knowing my family, they will support this decision 110%. HOWEVER, that weekend happens to be the Ohio VS Michigan football game. I already know what little gift the 2 1/2 year old twin boys are getting. Their first ever, and maybe only, OSU t-shirts. Which (crossing my fingers) they can wear while we watch the "Best damn band in the land" do script Ohio.
   The school has reassured me time and time again this is the family for me and just how much of a perfect fit we are for each other. Time will tell!

I won't lie... after I got off the phone with the mom I jumped and screamed as if I won a million dollars!!! It took me a few minutes to calm myself and respond to all my messages from friends and family who were texting me during the phone call.

CROSS YOUR FINGERS AND SAY SOME PRAYERS! This could be it!

No comments:

Post a Comment