Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Valentine's Bust

  I had a conversation with AJM, who is 6 yrs old, about Valentine's Day. He was telling me about a girl in his Kindergarten class who was very nice to him. I asked if she was going to be his Valentine. He told me no. So then I asked him if he would be my Valentine. He said yes. I told him we had to do something nice for each other and he told me Ok.

Soccer Coach's surprise!!



  I love sending mail. To brighten someones day when they least expect it is worth the money spent. Itty E's birthday being the day after Valentine's I decided to go all out. What started off as sending her family members homemade Valentine's turned in to making 30+ to send to my friends and family too. JK and I made three bags of chocolate covered pretzels to send along with our cards. I sent a surprise package to nanny school as well to the boss guy's work office.  Both places were over the moon with excitement and the thoughtfulness put into their surprises. Which then turned into surprising my soccer coach friend in England with a care package, and fellows nannies in Singapore and Connecticut.


   AJM also received one of my Valentine's surprises with a note asking him to be my valentine signed from his secret admirer. He called me one afternoon to thank me for the treats and to break my heart. "sorry Tara but I can't be your Valentine. I told Isaac I would be his."   Yes, that is right.... I got dissed but a 6 year old for a boy.


JK and I rarely do anything without involving wine..

   What started out as a simple idea turned into a very expensive holiday for someone who didn't even have a Valentine. But it was well worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment