Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Eating My Words

Chocolate, red velvet, yellow and white.
 Itty E turned one on February 15th!! Have a really been with her for almost 10 months? I was very fortunate to spend her actual birthday with her since mom and dad had to work. Perfect day! We went to lunch and played like crazy. With the move and other family events going on, we didn't have her party until March. After careful planning and a few hours searching around on Pinterest, we decided on a Little Einstein themed party. We found lots of caterpillar ideas for decorations but it was the cake that I knew she had to have.


smash cake.


Final touches
All done!
Looks easy enough








  
Not too bad for a first timer!
  My Grandma and mom decorated cookies and cakes as good as professionals. For years my mom has told me that I need to learn to decorate so I can make my children's birthday cakes. "why would I need to do that? There will always been a bakery at Giant Eagle." Well, I definitely ate my words! I found a cake that looked simple enough that even I could do. Needless to say it was the hit of the party. Itty E loved it and couldn't wait to get her hands in it.

  Going over the top for her first birthday, I am really in for it for the years to come.

1 comment: