Friday, January 13, 2012

Let's Get Real

 I am sure many of you are wondering why I haven't posted anything lately. There really isn't much to say. The weather fluctuates between sun and rain, 40's and 60's. Typical Ohio weather if you would! I learn more and more about the area everyday. I am now trusting myself to get from point A to point B without using the navigation. I figure if I stay on 85 that will get me everywhere!! Ok maybe not everywhere, but the important places.... Target, the mall, Panera, my brother's, and to get frozen yogurt.

 I am not homesick by any means! I still talk to my girlfriends all week long, Skype with my mom and the kids weekly. It does not feel like I am 9 hours away and have been gone for nearly a month. Though I love it in the south, Ohio is still and forever will be home.

 I will admit this......  I am having a difficult time figuring out if this is the right family and situation for me. Though I will not go into any detail, I have become my own biggest critic. I have always been fortunate to know and work for hands-ons, caring and loving parents. Yes there was help from family or friends, but not the luxury of having nannies 24/7 raising your children with the parents assisting. It is a very foreign concept that will come to bite someone in the butt down the road. Is this something I can handle and accept? Is every family like this? Yes, this is only for a year but will I still be so critical of myself? Who knows. Until then I will pray that the Big Guy upstairs gives me some clear signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment