Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day Trip

 The dad's little toy

  My favorite part of weekends are going away to visit other cities. Columbus for the day, Buffalo for the weekend. How about Charleston for a few hours??

  The dad has his pilot licenses and a small 4 seater plane. I have never had any desire to get into small confined area and take off into the sky. Saturday we put car seats, and the boys of course, into the plane to fly down to Charleston and do some work on a house down there. I sat in the front with a head set on listening to everything that was going on in the town. A 3.5 hr car ride going 65mph is equal to a 50 minute flight going 220kts. I held on so tight to my seat belt for take off was wide eyed when we hit a few air pockets. The dad just laughed!! I survived I suppose that is what matters.  I guess this is another thing I can cross off my bucket list.
 
  I knew this was a big deal when we were leaving Charleston airport, which is an air force base as well, the guys in uniform were commenting on what a nice plane the dad had. Or maybe they wanted to make conversation because of the cute nanny. Who knows!



Sunset from 4,000 feet up

No comments:

Post a Comment