Wednesday, June 27, 2012

O-H-I-O Here I Come!

  I drove home Tuesday, May 1st due to an interview with a family in Cleveland on Wednesday. My brother took the morning off to help me pack up my car (OH MY did I have a lot of belongings!) and to have breakfast with me. Spending my days off with he and his wife really helped our relationship. He is has always been the vinegar to my oil. For him to tell me over and over how much he enjoyed me being so close really meant a lot to me!!

  The 9 hour drive home gave me plenty of time to plan an agenda for the night. Rolled into Canton around 4, got a pedicure at 4:30, dinner with my parents at 5:30, surprised all of the kids between 7 and 8.  FYI this is completely normal for me and wouldn't have done it any other way.

  Before my pedicure I ran to the party store to get birthday balloons for Chica's 5th birthday. While searching the wall for the Justin Bieber balloon a woman leans over saying "Tara! Is that you?!" A customer from Taggarts, go figure! It was such a surprise and nice to catch up for a few minutes.

  I surprised the 5 boys with ice cream at Menchies then over to see the other 3. I called my 8yr old BFF as soon as I pulled in the neighborhood telling her I wasn't going to make it home for her First Communion which was that weekend. Little did she know I was surprised by her brother in the driveway. Seeing the look on their faces was the best! And naturally the girls were glued to me reassuring themselves I wasn't leaving again.

  Though no one, other than my parents and a few friends, knew exacting when I was coming home it was great being able to surprise friends and family! The one that was the best was from my Godmom and Godsister. My Godmom was making dinner while her 5yr old Grandson was sitting in the hall spinning around on the floor outside talking to his mom. After he gave me the biggest hug and said "Grandma, Tara Annie is here." She was confused until she turned around to see me standing there, to which my Godsister came running too. I stopped over just in time for dinner, SCORE!
I still had keys to JAK's apartment and boy did she get a surprise! I received a phone call her from her later that night. "You scared the hell out of me! I thought there was a burglar then I thought 'Wait, No! Tara is back in Ohio and she still has a key - JAK"

No comments:

Post a Comment