Wednesday, June 27, 2012

MEANT To Be

Within the last 2 weeks in SC I had 3 phone interviews in the Ohio/Pennsylvania area. The first family to call was in Cleveland who pretty much wanted to hire me on the spot if she could. She and her husband wanted to meet me asap which is why I came home so soon. I secretly had my heart set on a family in Pittsburgh but figured I would interview with them just to get my feet wet. They were new parents to a baby girl, Itty E, and were only a few years older than myself. Talking with them was so natural. We had some of the same up bringing and the same views on what we want for Itty E. They knew I had an interview set up with the family in PA within the week to which she responded "Well, what do we have to do to hire you before you interview with them?"  I was shocked that they wanted to hire me ON THE SPOT! They had already interviewed plenty of women that just weren't the right fit. Itty E cried when a few held her. With me, I didn't leave her sight. I like to think it was her thinking of how much she would like to get her fingers in my hair.

  Walking out the door the mom was on the phone with the school. Is this even for real?! I called my mom to tell her how well the interview went and just a few minutes later school was calling me with new that the parents wanted to offer me a contract. I was absolutely shocked!! Apparently this was all meant to be.


  So it has been nearly 4 weeks now and I am in love with my new family. Itty E is as cute as cute can be with chubby cheeks, gorgeous blue eyes, fare complexion and light hair. Both parents text me all day long asking how things are going and telling me over and over how much they appreciate me. I keep asking myself over and over "Is this for real?" Even on the weekends both parents send me pictures of the baby and let me know how long she sleeps for. We are working together as a team to get her on normal feeding and sleeping schedules which has been successful. They want to know everything about me, my friends and my family which is amazing! They also have joked on a few occasions that I didn't read the fine print at the bottom of the contract: Agreeing to stay until Itty E is 25. " You are going to college with her and making sure she only drinks 2 beers at the frat house and gets home safely." It was a good laugh after I told them I would be the wrong influence on her in college.



My special treat from JAK when I arrived
  I am contracted for 30 hrs a week with 2 weeks paid vacation. They are currently building a house in summit county which won't be done until January. This being a live out position, I am staying with JAK until they move, then I will find an apartment close by.

2 comments:

  1. It's great to have you closer to home and to finally have a smile on your face! Our fun, loving Tara is back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new family Tara! Sitting in Taggarts wishing we would run into you to catch up on whats going on..sounds like you found a wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete