Saturday, February 18, 2012

Fairy Godparents

                                                         Each time the world needs
                                             an extra touches of love and gentle caring, 
                                                          God creates Godparents.



My fairy Godparents

My newest Godson, Connor
My Godparents have always been such a big deal to me. Pat and Carol were neighbors of my parents and became close friends over the years. My dad and Pat golfed together, my mom and Carol would walk in the park together. Growing up with them across the street was the best. I became apart of another family going over to play after school, practice piano, and sometimes spend the night when my parents would go out of town. In the summer time we stayed out late catching lightening bugs and making s'mores in the crematorium.  Christmas we made it a tradition to cut down our trees after breakfast, laughing about how far we would have to hike to find the PERFECT tree! They made my favorite dinner to celebrate my 20th birthday when my parents were vacationing without me. When we get together we reminisce about the lady falling off the swing, breaking my collarbone falling down their basement steps, stitches had by all, 'Sarge' stories, neighborhood plays, and all the crazy things our mom's did for us growing up.

Their two sons and daughter have become siblings. My Godsister and I are not even blood related but resemble each other so much that her 5 year old son gets high school pictures of she and "my Tara" (as he calls me) confused. I have never really wanted a sister growing up. My Godsister does the job well enough laughing at me, messing with my curls, or giving me the pep talk when I need it most!

My first ever Godchild.

 Seven years ago when I was on vacation with my family I was asked to be the Godmother of my 4th cousin, Silas James. (Though to this day I don't think he gets why I gush over him, sugar him up, or smoother him with kisses.) It was such a big deal to me because my Godmother has always been an important person in my life.

 After I moved, I skyped with my Godsister to give me that extra boost and help me clear my thoughts. She hinted around when I was going to be home to visit and asked if I would be the Godmother of her son, Connor, who was born in August. Tears imediately started rolling down my face.WHAT A BIG DEAL!! With his Grandma being my Godmother, I have big shoes to fill! This will be the least stressful job of all, my job is to spoil him right?!

6 comments:

  1. you are special and loved by sooo many people because of the person you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Tara Annie- to be loved by you is a special gift! Now who's making me cry!! love you, Carol Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. s'mores in the crematorium? Have to say that is a new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is just Us so you don't have to keep wondering

      Delete
  4. Oh Tara Annie, I know I chose the right woman to be Connor's Godmother.So many good memories of growing up together and more to come. Smores in the crematorium...lol looking forward to summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are the best Godmother ever. I love you, SiLaS

    p.s. i'm famous

    ReplyDelete